March 8-14, 2021
This event will bring together students and Special Olympics athletes for a week-long, action-packed physical activity and fundraising challenge! Students will register on the StFX University team and compete alongside local Special Olympics athletes to track as much physical activity as possible, all while celebrating inclusion, sportsmanship and community building.
StFX’s Move for motionball event will take place the week of March 8-14, 2021. After registering, participants will track their physical activity (in minutes) on the motionball website for the entire week. The physical activity can be anything from a jog, walk, gym session or even a varsity practice, just select your activity and log your minutes daily.
- Anyone interested in participating in the week-long event can register at the following website: https://marathonofsport.com/getstarted/
- Be sure to join the StFX University team when registering
- Registration is open to StFX students, faculty, staff, alumni, friends, supporters, etc.
- Cost is $20 to register and includes an Under Armour motionball branded T-shirt and a Pita Pit lunch coupon
- Please register no later than March 1st
- The T-shirts and coupons will be shipped to the StFX Athletic department the week of March 1st and will be distributed to participants by SAAC members
- Participants have the option to individual fundraise and solicit funds from family/friends in support of motionball and Special Olympics
- If you fundraise $50 you can receive your $20 registration refunded back to you
- There are also Under Armour prizing incentives for reaching various fundraising levels
- Donors are welcome to donate to a specific participant or to make a general donation to the StFX University team
For more information, visit the motionball website at www.motionball.com or follow on Instagram @motionball