StFX ATHLETICS VARSITY ATHLETICS
Stay tuned for employment opportunities available for specific StFX varsity teams, such as student managers and video coordinators. As job openings become available they will be posted here.
StFX ATHLETICS GAMEDAY STAFF
The StFX Department of Athletics is accepting applications for the following gameday staff positions for the varsity sports of football, soccer, rugby, basketball & hockey for the 2022-23 varsity season:
- Event Staff: ticket takers, promotions staff, 50/50 sellers
- Minor Officials: penalty box, goal judge, scorekeeper, scoreclock operator, statistician, statistician spotter, football chains, football ball retriever, soccer ball retrievers
- Multimedia: webcast play-by-play announcer, webcast color announcer, webcast technician, videographer, photographer, sports journalist, social media/digital content assistant
- Specialized Roles: sport coordinator, game announcer, promotions announcer, music DJ, mascot
Applicants must fill out our StFX Athletics gameday staff online application form and upload a resume with their application.
All gameday staff positions are part-time positions available August – March, with the work taking place primarily on weeknights and weekends during the varsity season. Some positions are sport-specific, therefore successful candidates must be very familiar with the playing rules and regulations of the sport to which the role applies. Candidates should be quick thinking, adaptable, attentive and confident in their performance in a fast-paced varsity game setting. Some roles require candidates to be computer efficient or possess technical skills. Training will be provided for all positions where needed, and we are seeking individuals of any age who are eager, willing to learn and be a part of the varsity athletics game management and/or multimedia team for both the current and future varsity seasons. Questions may emailed to email@example.com. The review of applications is ongoing, though hiring will be confirmed by Sept. 15th and Dec. 15th annually. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
StFX ATHLETIC THERAPY
The StFX Athletic Therapy department provides an opportunity for students to be involved with varsity sports as Student Therapists. These student therapists are hired by the athletic therapists from the Human Kinetics program after their second year of university. Each student is assigned a team for which they are responsible for the day to day taping and care of the team. The student therapists will travel with the teams and take care of the varsity athletes while they are on the road. This position is generally two years in length. For more information on becoming a Student Therapist, contact StFX Athletics Head Therapist Tara Sutherland at 867-2231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently over 100 students per year are involved in the organization and administration of the StFX Intramural program as activity supervisors, sport officials, scorekeepers and timekeepers. StFX Intramurals wants to involve as many students as possible - the more students involved in student programming the better! Whether you want to gain some valuable leadership experience, add to your resume, earn some extra money, or just be involved in an exciting area of university life, come see us at the StFX Intramural Office. All applications should be dropped off at the Intramural office or emailed to email@example.com.
StFX Recreation is one of the largest student employer on campus, hiring over 150 students each year to provide leadership in our many programs. Students work part-time in a variety of positions, such as:
• Wellness Centre Floor Staff • Red Cross First Aid Instructors
• Group Fitness Leaders • Lifeguards/WSI
• Yoga Instructors • Personal Trainers
• Summer Camp Councilors
• Welcome Desk Membership & Facility Clerks
Benefits of Employment:
• Great training & development.
• Flexible and accommodating work schedules.
• Opportunities for leadership and advancement.
Although responsibilities and expectations differ for each position, ALL Recreation student positions are governed by the following general expectations:
• Commitment to customer service and cultural diversity, demonstrated through treating all individuals with integrity, dignity, and worth.
• Willingness to learn.
• Maturity and reliability in performing all job functions.
To apply, please send a cover letter, indicating your job preference(s), along with a resume, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off application in person to the StFX Welcome Desk. For more information on specific jobs, please contact the appropriate supervisor:
• Gerry Balcom, Manager, Recreation & Club Sports, 902-867-2182, email@example.com
• Bethany Theuerkauf, Recreation & Aquatics Coordinator, 902-867-3925, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mary-Leigh MacIntyre, Welcome Desk Team Lead, 902-867-5343, email@example.com
• Joe DeCoste, Intramurals & Wellness Centre Team Lead, 902-867-3642, firstname.lastname@example.org