For complete StFX University COVID-19 related information, please CLICK HERE
Our campus athletic & recreational facilities will be operating in accordance with the latest reopening guidelines established by Nova Scotia Public Health. StFX Athletics and XREC strongly encourages all returning StFX students to book their vaccines. All Nova Scotia residents aged 12 years and older are eligible to book a vaccine appointment online or by phone, 1-833-797-7772. If you do not have a Nova Scotia Health Card, you must book your appointment by phone. To book a vaccine in any other Canadian province CLICK HERE for the specific provincial guidelines and booking links.
StFX Athletics continues to follow Nova Scotia Public Health provincial guidelines with regards to return to play, along with the sport-specific return to play guidelines from our various affiliated provincial sport organizations (PSO's).
We continue to work closely with our University, our regional sport governing body Atlantic University Sport (AUS), along with NS Public Health and PSO's to safely compete this season. All plans are developed and enacted with a priority on the health and safety of our student-athletes. Return to play plans are based on the most up-to-date information we have and are subject to change. The most recent updates will be posted on this website as we receive them.
Nova Scotia COVID Update: February 23, 2022
Today the Provincial government announced that starting 12:01am Monday March 7, 2022 the following changes in restrictions will go into effect:
- Competition and events are no longer limited to the regular competitive schedule; bringing together teams or participants that typically do not play one another is allowed
- Spectators will be permitted following the formal gathering limit - 75 per cent of the venue’s capacity
- Sport training, practice and competition remains at a maximum of 60 participants indoors and outdoors without physical distancing
As of Monday, February 28 there will no longer be a requirement to show proof of vaccine before participating in non-essential, discretionary events and activities.
The province also announced that as of Monday, March 21st there will no longer be any COVID-19 restrictions for sport.
Please CLICK HERE for the complete news release below or for more information.
Atlantic University Sport Update: February 10, 2022
With the recent updates to public health restrictions in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, Atlantic University Sport (AUS) is pleased to release its revised regular season schedule for winter 2022. League play across all sports, in all provinces, will officially resume as of Friday, February 18.
As part of the AUS’s schedule revisions, this year all participating teams will be granted playoff berths. Further information on modified playoff formats for team sports will be announced at a later date.
Sport Nova Scotia COVID Update: February 9, 2022
Today the Provincial government announced that starting Monday, February 14, 2022 the following eased restrictions will go into effect:
- Sport training, practice and regular league games/competition are allowed with a maximum of 60 participants indoors and outdoors without physical distancing.
- Competition is limited to the regular competitive schedule. The regulations state that if the activity is part of the regular league or competitive schedule it is allowed. Bringing together teams or participants that typically do not play one another is NOT allowed.
- Spectators will be permitted following the formal gathering limit – 50% of the venue’s capacity.
This is the first step in a three phase/step process. This phase is currently planned to last about a month. The situation will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis and only when it is safe to do so will the restrictions will aim to move into the second step.
Atlantic University Sport Update: February 3, 2022
Following the recent announcement regarding changes to the 2022 U SPORTS national championship schedule, Atlantic University Sport (AUS) is pleased to release revised dates for the 2022 Subway AUS Championships. Click here for full update.
CLICK HERE for all information relating to STFX ticketing procedures & spectator protocols.
Welcome back to the XREC Facilities! Here are a few tips when using our facility, please CLICK HERE for complete instructions on accessing the Fitness Centre.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to the facility, please review the daily Covid Checklist, Government of NS
- Mask wearing is mandatory on campus inside our facilities.
- Proper hand hygiene is recommended to help decrease the spread of COVID-1. Please wash your hands or use hand santizer before and after you use the facility and refer to our Proper Handwashing Guidelines
- Maintain appropriate Physical Distancing when possible.
- Please observe proper Washroom Safety Practices while in our recreation facility.
Please CLICK HERE to access complete updated XREC information, along with all recreational facility availability and hours of operation.
StFX club sports continue to follow Nova Scotia Public Health provincial guidelines with regards to return to play, along with the sport-specific return to play guidelines from our various affiliated provincial sport organizations (PSO's).
We continue to work closely with our University, our regional sport governing bodies/leagues, along with NS Public Health and PSO's to safely resume competition for the 2021-22 season. All plans are developed and enacted with a priority on the health and safety of our student-athletes. Return to play plans are based on the most up-to-date information we have and are subject to change.
All club sports must be approved for formal training by Manager of Recreation & Club Sports Gerry Balcom and adhere to StFX club sports safety protocols. Visit www.goxgo.ca/sportclubs for a complete listing of StFX club sports and contacts, along with further information.
StFX Intramural staff are back in the office and planning for fall activities! Visit www.goxgo.ca/intramurals for fall programming information. Further details will be provided in the coming weeks to Community Advisors and House Presidents. Our goal is to safely offer StFX students activities that meet StFX University and the provincial health authority standards.
NOVA SCOTIA HEALTH RESOURCES